1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
4. Add oats and raisins; mix well
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. cool completely. store tightly covered.
Make about 4 dozen cookies.
Bar cookies; Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13*9 inch metal baking pan.