Such a simple soup to make that gets better and better after you make it. Full of aromatics and a bit of spice it is perfect for our Canadian winters.
99% of the ingredients you can get at a regular grocery store but some you may need to visit an Asian market. If you can’t find an Asian market just omit it.
1. 3 lemongrass stalks, bottom two-thirds of tender inner bulbs only, thinly sliced
2. 8 cloves garlic
3. 1 – 4 inch piece fresh ginger root sliced
4. 8 to 9 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
5. 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
6. 4 Kafir lime leaves julienned
7. 2 cups of fresh white mushrooms, thinly sliced (lightly sauté in oil)
8. 1 1/2 tbs red curry paste
9. 3 tablespoons fish sauce
10. 2 limes – one juiced and one sliced for serving
View original post 189 more words